Today's card is for my Chemo Angels patient younger brother. When assigned to a child they ask that as an angel we occasionally send something to the patients siblings if they have any since they can tend to feel left out or forgotten about when their sibling is undergoing treatment. So last week I sent a nice big box to him and his siblings with some presents as well as some cards!
- A2 size card base in craft paper color
- Orange, green and red polka-dot patterned paper
- PBD sentiment stamps for front and inside of card
- Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge
- 3D Foam adhesive
- ATG adhesive
- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
- I started by cutting the monkey from Create a Critter cartridge at 2.5 inches. When the 2 layers were cut out, I attached them together with adhesive. I took the "face" piece that was cut out of the darker brown and traced it on black paper and then hand cut this to attach on the back so that the eyes, nose and mouth area would appear black.
- I then pulled out my polka-dot paper (that is new!!) and cut down the paper to be layered on the card. They are cut at:
- Green 5 2/8 x 3 6/8
- Orange 2 x 3 6/8
- Red 1 1/2 x 5 2/8
- I attached the patterned paper with ATG adhesive and then took some twine and twisted 2 different colors together and wrapped it around the card to "hang" the monkey from. I made sure to allow the twine to be loose so that it looks like the monkey is swinging from it.
- I attached the monkey with 2 3D foam adhesive pieces and used a pop-dot to attach the monkey's hand to the twine.
- I then stamped the front of the card with a sentiment from PBD Jungle Fever as well as the inside of the card.