Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

My youngest sisters birthday is coming up here in a few weeks, so it was time to sit down and make her a card. :) I wanted it to be something fun as she is turning 12, and figured she would love this one! Today is also Card Creating Tuesday over on My Cricut Craft Room, so to see more cards, head on over there!






Items used:
  • Blue, green, white and yellow cardstock
  • Wild Card Cricut Cartridge
  • Peachy Keen face stamp from Everyday Character Face Assortment (PK-490)
  • Adhesive
  • Black gel pen
  • PBD Sentiment stamps 
  • Memento ink
  • blush 
  • Blue marker 
How to:
  • Cut card at 8inches from Wild Card Cartridge 
  • Cut layers all at 8 inches
  • Cut the "flame" off of yellow candle and attached it to the green candle
  • Attached layers to base starting with the bottom of the cupcake, then the candle and last the white top later.
  • I then stamped the face and colored in the eyes as well as applied the blush to the cheeks.
  • Next came the sentiment stamps, both on the front of the card, as well as inside the card. 
  • I then dressed up the front by making some stitch marks with my black gel pen.  
Hope you enjoy! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the colors you chose! You did awesome and Now i am a follower of your work can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute card! Love that sweet little face and the stitching lines are great!

    http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a happy blog! I love coming here....:O) I was pretty excited about your card today for a few reasons....one being it is so cute - two is I have the cartridge - and three is that I'm interested in seeing examples of Peachy Keen Stamps (i've yet to buy a set). Really enjoyed your card today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet card...literally! which peachy keen set is that from? you did a great job with the cute lil face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card!! Love the face stamp! :)
    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments! The face used is from Everyday Character Face Assortment (PK-490). I love this set as it has such fun faces on it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...