Sunday, August 14, 2011

Manly birthday card

Hi everyone! Today is card creating Sunday for My Cricut Craft Room, so if you would like to see more design team members cards head on over and check them out!

Today's card is for my dad's upcoming birthday. I wanted to make something manly for him. I had just recently purchased the Country Carnival Imagine cartridge, and really liked some of the cuts that it offered.



Items used:
  • Country Carnival Imagine Cartridge
  • Twine
  • Memento black ink
  • Pink by design birthday stamp
  • Tim Holtz distressing ink
  • ATG adhesive
  • 3D foam adhesive squares
  • card base 
How To:
  • I started by cutting the square frame from the Country Carnival cartridge at 4 inches.
  • Once this was cut, I inked the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing ink to help roughen up the edges.
  • I then stamped the birthday sentiment to the frame. 
  • Before attaching the frame, I attached the twine. To do this, I ran a strip of ATG adhesive along my card and put the twine directly on it. I then wrapped the twine around the card  a few times and cut it and adhered the other end to the ATG adhesive as well.
  • I then attached the frame to the front of the card using the 3D foam squares. 
Here is a little video I made to give you a visual of how this card was made. :) Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...