Wednesday, August 3, 2011

With God all things are possible

My card this week for my Chemo Angel patient was very simple. In the information provided to me by the angel program, his parents expressed how much their faith was important to them. This past weekend, I picked up the "Faith" stamp set from Pink by Design and knew right away that I could make some wonderful cards for him with it!


Items used:
  • DCWV card base
  • Twine
  • Yellow card stock
  • Square punch
  • Memento ink in Bahama blue and tuxedo black
  • Buttons from Doodlebug Design (Sea breeze and Christmas)
  • Tim Holtz Distressing Ink 
  • Pink by Design Faith and Believe in Yourself sets 
  • 3D foam squares
I started by selecting a DCWV card base from my pre-printed stash. I then used my square punch and some yellow cardstock to punch the yellow square. I then inked the square with my Tim Holtz distressing ink and stamped it with the PBD sentiment stamp from the Faith set. I attached the sentiment to the card base with a 3D Foam square.

I used the twine to give the buttons a "sewn on" look, but really just tied the twine in the back, and attached the buttons with 3D foam squares.  Once the front of the card was finished, I inked the edges of the card, and stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card from the Believe in yourself set.

**Check back later today for more information on how to be entered to win the cricut cartridge!**

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card and I LOVE The sentiment inside :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...