Monday, August 29, 2011

Get Well Soon

Since I am a little under the weather with my broken ankle and not able to get around very easy, my crafting time has been limited. I have made it into my craft room 2 times since Friday night but was not able to last very long due to my leg hurting me. I did however get a cute card made to have available when a friend isn't feeling very well.

Items used:
  • A2 card base
  • brown card stock from stash
  • patterned adhesive cardstock from stash
  • Martha Stewart border punch
  • ribbon
  • Scalloped circle and regular circle from stash (originally cut from B is for Boy)
  • Adhesive
  • 3D foam square
  • Sentiment stamp from PBD Spring has Sprung      
  • Brown color box chalk ink for distressing 
  • flower embossing folder
How To:
  • Cut brown cardstock down and embossed it with a flower pattern embossing folder
  • punched border on patterned paper and cut to fit on card base with brown cardstock. I also inked the edges to give the paper some dimension. 
  • To hide the seam of where the two papers came together I ran a piece of ribbon along them and secured to the back of the cardstock.
  • I then attached the carstock/patterned paper/ribbon to the card base using ATG adhesive.
  • I then pulled out the scalloped circle and regular circle punches left over from a previous project and inked the edges of the scalloped one. I then stamped it with the sentiment stamp and attached it to the card with a 3D foam square. 
  • I left the inside blank so that I can write a personal note to the recipient.

I have entered this card into Challenge # 8 on Pink By Design's community which is a challenge to make a "get well card."

1 comment:

  1. Love the card! Simple, yet pretty. Hope you feel better soon!
    Barb O.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...