Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Today is one of my best friends birthday! (Happy Birthday Chris!!) Chris and I used to work together, and could always be found together having lunch! I sure miss being able to go to lunch with her now that we live just over 3,000 miles away from each other :(. We have however kept in touch and talk and email all the time! For her birthday, I made her the following card!




Items used:
  • Card base cut to 6 x 5 
  • Paper Studio Celebrations paper 
  • Paper Studio ribbon
  • Twine
  • Memento Ink in Lilac Posies and Grape Jelly
  • Pink by Design Stamps from "Say it Sweet" set
  • 3D foam adhesive squares
  • ATG adhesive
  • scalloped circle punch
The inspiration for this card came from my new stamp set from PBD. This is one of the sets that was just released on Friday night and I am in love with it! I knew at the time I was buying it that I would end up making Chris birthday card with a sentiment (or 2!) from this set! Once I have narrowed down the sentiments I started to find some paper that I felt matched. That is when I pulled out the Cupcake paper by Paper Studio!

Once the paper and stamps were picked out, I cut the card base down so that my cupcake paper would fit on the front. I attached it to the front of the card base with ATG adhesive. I also wanted to try something new with my ribbon, so I cut it to fit exactly across the front, but then rolled the edges towards the back, and attached 3D foam squares to make the ribbon "pop" out! This allowed me to attach the scalloped punch with sentiment stamp with some twine.

For the scalloped punch, I used a scrap piece of paper from the same stack as the background paper. Before attaching, I inked the edges with my Grape Jelly memento ink, and punched a hole to be able to run the twine through. I then stamped the sentiment with Lilac Posies memento ink.

For the inside of the card, I used the Lilac Posies ink to stamp another PBD sentiment also from the Say it Sweet" stamp set.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the card Samantha! I love it. The paper is even more vibrant in person.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...