I just wanted to let you all know that I am taking a little break from crafting and blogging due to the impending arrival of my second son! He is due in the next 2 weeks, and I am spending as much time with my husband and other son as I can before our new bundle of joy arrives! Don't worry, I will be back, it just might be a bit!
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Today's theme is to make something with shoes! We are also using pink in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month that is coming up in October! Here is what I came up with. :)
Items used and how to:
- I started with an A2 card base, and some patterned paper. I trimmed the paper to fit the front of my base and wrapped some twine around it. Before securing it to the base, I inked the edges with some Tim Holts distressing ink.
- Next I cut out my cute little flip-flops at 2 inches from Cheerful Seasons! I had to cut the strap layer multiple times as the strap for the right flip-flop didn't want to cut without coming out in 3 pieces. After trying and trying to get it to cut in one piece, I finally just gave up and pieced it together. I wish it would have cut correctly, but I think it just might be a little to small for it to have a nice crisp cut.
- I attached my flip-flops to my card base using some pop-dots.
- The inside is stamped with a sentiment from Pink by Design's Breast Wishes stamp set.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
I am so excited to announce that I will now be a Craft Contributor on Our Knights Life blog (formally known as Family and Life in Las Vegas)! My first post goes live next week! Make sure to stop by and check out my craft tutorials, and product reviews!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Welcome to Card Creating Tuesday! Today we were challenged to make a card that has a window in it. I knew right away the perfect cartridge to pull out and that is Art Philosophy as it has so many card bases that have windows in them! After flipping through the entire cartridge book, I finally settled on this card!
- Card is cut out at 5 inches (I was able to cut 2 at this size from a 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper)
- I took the negative stockings that were cut out to make the windows, and put them through my sticker maker and then covered the adhesive with glitter. I then put them back through my sticker maker to make the back of the stockings adhesive and placed them on the inside of the card so that they show show through the window.
- To add some more color to the front, I added a ribbon around the front and then stamped both the front and inside of the card with sentiment stamps from Pink by Design's Christmas Wishes set.