Thursday, September 20, 2012

Theme Day Thursday- Shoes!

 

 Today's theme is to make something with shoes! We are also using pink in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month that is coming up in October! Here is what I came up with. :)



Items used and how to:
  • I started with an A2 card base, and some patterned paper. I trimmed the paper to fit the front of my base and wrapped some twine around it. Before securing it to the base, I inked the edges with some Tim Holts distressing ink. 
  • Next I cut out my cute little flip-flops at 2 inches from Cheerful Seasons! I had to cut the strap layer multiple times as the strap for the right flip-flop didn't want to cut without coming out in 3 pieces. After trying and trying to get it to cut in one piece, I finally just gave up and pieced it together. I wish it would have cut correctly, but I think it just might be a little to small for it to have a nice crisp cut. 
  • I attached my flip-flops to my card base using some pop-dots. 
  • The inside is stamped with a sentiment from Pink by Design's Breast Wishes stamp set. 
As always to see more projects from today's theme, head on over to My Cricut Craft Room to check out what the other design team members have created for you today! 

3 comments:

  1. Aww, cute card. Love the flip flops:)

    Angie MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card, I am trying to think if I have a cartridge with flip flops on it...I don't think so, and I love them:(
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...