Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hey Cowboy!

This weeks Chemo Angle card was just so fun to make! I was trying to come up with a fun card for this week, and am really happy with how it turned out! I got my inspiration when I was cleaning up my messy craft area and was putting some paper stacks away. I started flipping through some patterned paper and when I came across the western themed paper the ideas just started popping up in my head of what I could make! I hope you enjoy!









Items used:

  • DCWV patterned paper from All About Boys Stack used for card base
  • Paper doll dress up cricut cartridge
  • Tan, brown, red, black, blue and light yellow cardstock (from stash)
  • Twine
  • 2 inch square punch
  • Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink
  • Peachy Keen 3/4 inch Wide Eyes Kids Face stamp set
  • Pink By Design Sentiment from "Spring has Sprung" set 
  • Memento Ink
  • ATG adhesive
  • 3D foam square adhesive
  • White gel pen
Like I said before, my inspiration came from the DCWV cardstock that I used for the card base. The base is a 12 x 6 piece of paper scored at the 6 inch mark to make it a 6 x 6 folded card. I cut out the "cowboy" and all layers at 5 inches and attached them all with my ATG gun. I added some accents to the clothing layers and hat by using my white gel pen to trace the detail cuts on each layer. I added some twine as a "rope" for my cowboy! I also stamped the face onto the cowboy using a 3/4 inch face stamp from Peachy Keen Stamps Wide eye kids face stamp set and memento ink. I used the 3D foam squares to attach the cowboy to the cardbase. I then used my square punch and some blue cardstock to make a tag to hand write "Hey Cowboy!" before attaching it, I inked the edges with my distressing ink, and attached it with a 3D foam square as well.

On the inside of the card, it is stamped with a sentiment stamp from the Spring has Sprung stamp set by Pink by Design!

1 comment:

  1. Saw this card the Pink Cricut Community Board. So adorable:) Love what you are doing. I am following you now. Stop by my blog if you would like and check out my projects!

    ~Madison
    funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...