Monday, July 11, 2011

Buzzin' by with a birthday hi!

This past week was my babysitters sons birthday, so I needed something for a boy turning 7. When I make cards for people, I usually start with a theme that goes with something they like or that make me thing of them. Since I havn't known Landon for that long, I just wanted something boyish. I got my inspiration for this card from the stamp sentiment "Buzzin' by with a birthday hi!" from the "Oh Boy" stamp set by Pink by Design.









Items used:

  • DCWV textured card base in blue 
  • PBD stamp sentiments 
  • Yellow and black card stock
  • "Just Because" Cards cricut cartridge
  • Striped ribbon from American Crafts Elements 
  • Adhesive
  • Black and White gel pens 
  • Action Wobble 
  • Corner punch
I started by cutting the bee out at 4 inches. I only cut the Shadow layer and layer 2 for this bee from the cartridge. After attaching the black stripes, I added eyes with my white gel pen and black dots on the wings and body with my black get pen.

I punched the corners of the card, and then added the ribbon to the bottom portion of the card. I then attached the Bee to the card with a action wobble and stamped the sentiment to the front of the card. I then stamped the inside of the card with a birthday sentiment from the "Birthday Birthday" set from PBD.

On the back of the card, I stamped it with my new custom made stamp! I am really loving having this stamp to use. If you are in the market for a custom stamp, I would recommend checking out The Rubber Press on Etsy! Ann was really easy to work with and her turn around time was amazing! I order my stamp on a Monday and had the stamp by Saturday - and that included it coming from Canada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...