Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pink by Design Anniversary challenge # 5!

The 5th challenge is to make a card or layout using the OMBRE technique. This is where you have colors that go from lightest to darkest. Here is my take on the challenge!


I started by cutting down my patterned paper to 5 3/8 x 3 7/ 8. I took my twine and laid it out from lightest to darkest and wrapped it around my paper. In the center I brought it together and attached it using a glue dot. I then made 3 circles using glue dots along the top of my card, and used 2 colors on each ones to make them look like lollypops. I used my pink twine to make the sticks for my lollypops. After securing all the twine to the back of the patterned paper, I attached it to my card base.

Next I stamped the banner and hand cut it from the same patterned paper that is used for the base. The banner comes from Everyday Banners, and the Have a Sweet Day stamp comes from Say it Sweet. When applying my ink for the have a sweet day, I used Memento inks Bahama Blue and Danube Blue to continue with the Ombre challenge.

For the inside of my card, I stamped it with a Happy Birthday stamp from the Birthday Birthday stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...