Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fishy fathers day card!

Hi everyone! I have been buys making fathers day cards for my husband, dad, and father-in-law. I hope you enjoy this series of cards over the next few days!

The first card that I will share with you is the card that I made for my dad. One of my fondest memories that I have of my dad and me is all the fishing that we did on the rivers in Alaska! I have pictures of me catching fish that were bigger than we when I was younger! So when I was looking around of some ideas of fathers day cards, and found this really cool SVG file, I just knew that I would make this card for my dad!





Items used:
  • Blue, dark green, sea green, coral and white card stock
  • Craft eye
  • Adhesive
  • Action Wobble 
  • Stamps for sentiment
  • Stickers to spell out "Dad" 
  • SVG file for card
I kept all the sizes the default size in the SVG file when cutting the pieces out. Depending on the layer, I used different adhesives. I used my sticker maker and my ATG adhesive. I attached the fish to the card with a action wobble so that it can move! I used 3-D foam squares on the "Happy Father's Day" so that it would pop out on the card.

For the inside of the card, I used a sentiment from Pink By Design's Fathers Day set. There are so many sentiments on this set, it was hard to pick just one to use.

For the envelope, I picked out a piece of cardstock that was double sided from my stash. I also used some stickers from my stash to spell out "Dad" on the front of the envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...