Friday, February 18, 2011

Hoo's having a Birthday?

Last weekend my son had a birthday party to go to for one off the kids in our mom and toddler group! Since I don't have any girls, I just love being able to make girl stuff (as well as buy girl clothes and toys!!) I have really been loving my Hoot 'n' Holler cartridge and came up with this card: 

Front:

Close up of Owl
Close up of layered saying
Inside of card - stamped with Pink by Design "Happy Birthday" stamp from Scripted Year set
3-d with popdot
Front and inside view

Materials used:
  • Card base
  • printed pink paper
  • Black, light pink, bright pink, purple cardstock
  • stickels
  • Twine in pink and yellow (from Pink by Design!)
  • Popdots (I have foam ones from the dollar bins at Target!)
  • Journal page
  • Pink ribbon 
  • Happy Birthday stamp
  • Circle punch (I didn't have one big enough so I traced one out and hand cut it)
  • Hoot 'n' Holler cartridge
I cut the pink printed paper to fit the front of the card and attached it. I then cut the "Woo's having a birthday" saying at 3 inches, and the owl at 2 inches.

After assembling the layers, I attached them to the card front. I also attached the twine at this time as well! (This was my first project using the twine!)

I then attached the Journal page to the inside of the card, and attached the circle with the stamped "Happy Birthday" sentiment to the center using a pop-dot. I also added a strip of pink ribbon to the bottom of the journal page from my stash of ribbon to cover the edge of the page.

I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...