Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's your day!

This past weekend my oldest niece Kaylee turned the big 18! I can't believe that she is already an "adult"! I made the following card for her!
Front of card
 inside of card
 Envelope
 2nd take at inside of card - I needed a place to tuck the cash that we were giving her as a present, so I added this little piece of cardstock to make a pocket.
 Inside with cash!


Items used:
  • Card base
  • Celebrations Cricut Cartridge
  • 6 flower brads
  • black card-stock - cut to fit front of card base
  • Star paper from "The Paper Studio" Celebrations stack 
  • Stripe paper and "Celebrate" paper from Fancy pants design "It's your Day" collection 
  • Distressing ink
  • pop dots 
  • adhesive
I started by cutting the black card-stock to fit the front of  the card base. I then cut the "It's your day" at 5 1/2 inches on the star paper. After attaching both of these to the front of the card, it just looked to plain to me so I added the flower brads to give it some added color!

Next came the inside of the card. I pulled out all sorts of stuff from my different collections, and nothing was looking all that great. I then remember I had this wonderful birthday scrapbook kit tucked away. I pulled it out and just knew right away that I had found the perfect pieces to go on the inside! I cut the stripe piece of paper to fit width across the card, It was already cut to the height from a previous project. Before attaching to the card I inked it with distressing ink . The "Celebrate" card is from a sheet that has 12 different cut-outs (I am having a hard time describing this page, but I am sure that you all know what I am talking about! It is a 12x12 page that has 4 across and 3 down. Some have journal lines, and some have sayings like this one.)  After cutting it out, I also inked it with the distressing ink and attached it with pop dots.

I was then just going to put the cash laying inside the card, but didn't really like that idea. Then came the idea to add some color to the other side. I had some left over star paper and attached it to make a pocket to hold the money!

Hope you enjoyed this card!

1 comment:

  1. I have awarded you the Leibster Blog Award!! Please stop by my blog and pick it up :)
    http://scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-was-awarded-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...