Saturday, February 19, 2011

Callentines Day Card

Hi all! This past week my good friend Megan and her family had the 1 year anniversary of her brothers death. He died on Valentines Day last year in a snowboarding accident. Because of him passing away on Valentines Day, they have chosen to re-name the day "Callentines Day" in his honor. I made the following card for her:



Front of card

Inside 1st flap - I used a black marker for my Cricut and welded the letters together with Design Studio. I then inked the edges with distressing ink.
 Inside card
 Top stamp - Pink by Design Sympathy set
 Second stamp also from Pink by Design Sympathy set
 Back of card - stamp from Pink by Design Handmade by You set

 Front of Envelope - I had this flower left over from making my sons valentines cards - this was one of my sample flowers that I cut to big for his project. I inked the edges with some silver ink by ink box.
 Back of envelope
Items used:
  • Wild Card Cartridge 
  • Purple and green and white card stock
  • Cricut black marker 
  • adhesive
  • stamps
  • ink
I cut the card and envelope at 6 inches (I had to use 12 by 24 paper) and was able to get both to fit onto one page.


I then made my "Calentines Day" design with Design Studio and then had it drawn on the white card stock. Before attaching the saying to the card, I inked the edges with distressing ink.

I cut out the "I'm thinking of you" from Wild Card at 3 inches I believe (I can't remember, and I didn't right it down...sorry)

I used white ink to stamp the sayings into the card to make them stand out. I wanted this card to be really simple and supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...