Monday, March 7, 2011

The sun will come out tomorrow

My good friend Brooke had to put her cat down last weekend suddenly. Her cats are like her kids so this has been really hard on her. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a card to make her. Today I picked up two new cartridges (Kate's ABC's and Paper Doll Dress Up) and loved the cat options on Kate's ABC's. This is what I came up with for her card!

Front of card
Inside of card
Back of Card
Front of envelope



 Back of envelope



Items used:

  • DCWV card base 
  • brown card stock 
  • light purple card stock
  • twine
  • stamps (all from Pink by design) and ink
  • foam 3-d adhesive
  • 1.5in sticker maker 
  • Cuttle bug with border folder 
I cut the cats and yarn base at 3 inches. I took the yarn cut-out and ran it through my sticker maker, but make the top side sticky so the twine would stick to it. I then took my twine and ran it along it until it was fully covered. I then attached the cats using the 3-d foam adhesive squares.

Next I stamped "The sun will come out tomorrow" in silver, but didn't think it showed up enough, so I stamped it again with black ink. I really like the effect that the double colors made, so in the end it all worked out! I then stamped the inside and the back.

Since the card base comes with a white envelope, I picked a border embossing folder to give the envelope something extra to help jazz it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...